Tuesday, March 12, 2002

Two Girl Rhumba

Something someone once said to me in a dream:

"You can't measure a man for rock 'n' roll the way you can for a suit of clothes."

Like many things we hear it dreams, it is entirely true but not particularly useful.

How a Heart is a Spade
dreamt 19 Feb 1996
A dream in which I am a woman, but I'm a cool famous rock-chick, so that's okay. I am Justine Frischmann from Elastica. Annie Holland and I are in a greasy-spoon diner playing along to a jukebox rhythm track "Connection" in D major and annoying the other patrons. I've taken the coverplates off my Strat, filled the guitar's electronics cavities with baked beans, and replaced the plates. As I play, moving barre chords furiously up and down the neck, beans and sauce spatter from the guitar in all directions.

No comments: