Thursday, July 27, 2006

In The Cut

It’s time, I think, to delete the Seven Souls blog.

A couple of reasons:

  • it’s a long time since November 2004

  • the project has been temporarily shelved in favor of paying work and a different, more manageably-scaled fiction project

  • Part IV, the Canterbury Tales section, requires some rethinking or at least a massive structural overhaul

  • the dated, of-the-moment, first-draftness of it is faintly embarrassing to me

  • (related) the work as it exists on my hard drive is already different in small but significant ways from the one out on the Web, and will get differenter still

  • never got around to doing the thing that drove the whole idea of putting the story online, i.e. adding explanatory links for all the references to real people, places, songs in the background

  • having two sites I never update, on top of one updated only irregularly, fills me with shame

  • less clutter in one’s life is a good thing

  • I went to the trouble of enabling comments and nobody ever used ‘em anyway.

So that’s that. I’m going to leave it up for a couple of weeks—let’s say ‘til 11 August. If you’re even mildly interested, read it now and leave a comment while you can, before I dust off and nuke the site from orbit. (It’s the only way to be sure.)

No comments: