Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Workout Wednesday: 148 BPM (Shake Off The Ghosts)

(What is Workout Wednesday?)

Day four finds me doing interval training, but this would work for a moderate jog, too. No theme here, just pure aggression.

148 bpm: Shake Off The Ghosts
Everybody Loves Me But You Juliana Hatfield
Gimme Some LovingThe Spencer Davis Group
Torrey Canyon Mick Harvey
The Nth Degree Morningwood
The Kick Inside Me – Simple Minds
Smack My Bitch Up – The Prodigy
The Ballad Of ...Railroad Jerk
Canary In A Coalmine – The Police
The Haunting – The Golden Palominos
Angle Park – Big Country
Hounds Of Love – Kate Bush
(cooldown) I Am Stretched On Your Grave – SinĂ©ad O’Connor

This is one of the first workout mixes I made. Nothing too tweaky-freaky on the tech side—mostly minor tempo adjustments and a couple of major ones. The adjusted tempos (tempi?) have overwritten the baselines in my brain, now; every time I hear the original version of “The Nth Degree” on the radio or in a TV commercial, it sounds too slow to me. C’est la guerre.

Download this mix (45:38, 41.7 megs: YouSendIt link good until 31 January).

[ MP3 expired - so sorry ]

No comments: