Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Must Be the Season of the Witch

Speaking of Donovan: Like a lot of pop stars, he went crazy in the 1960s. I mean that literally. Some time around “Sunshine Superman,” his mind just sort of went on a walk and never came back. But, you know, unlike so many others, he managed to go crazy in a sweet, beneficent way. He’s a fool, no doubt. But he’s a holy fool, and I’ll always love him for that.

(Ganked from BoingBoing, and notice how long it took for the killjoy “rationalists” to come out and stomp all over that one with their Boots of Enlightened Self-Righteousness. For cryin’ out loud, guys. I mean: Do I believe, as Donovan does, that the aggregated good vibes of 250 Scottish yogis meditating can cure drug addiction, eliminate crime, and turn back hurricanes from the coast of Great Britain? I’m highly skeptical. But what possible earthly harm could come from trying?)

No comments: