Wednesday, October 15, 2003

Dear Administration

Found in this morning's e-mail inbox, weird syntax and all (I've omitted the contact info and site address, for reasons that will soon become apparent)...

Dear Portal Administration!

I have recently come across your site and liked it very much.

I suppose that the visitors of our resources belong to the same social group and my site could be useful for your audience so I suggest to exchange our links.

This will help both of us to increase Link-Popularity and accordingly get top positions in many searching system, Google for instance.

My site is dedicated to guns.

I hope that our subject as well as your site info will evoke mutual interest of our visitors. ...

...what the fuck?

I mean, the oddness factor for this one is right through the roof: the website he's linking to is US-based, but the e-mail reads like it was translated from the original Serbo-Croat through Babelfish: and what on God's green Earth would make anybody, even and Internet spider AI, think this was some kind of gun-related...

...oh.

It's all that "death and war," isn't it? I shoulda known that was gonna come back to bite me on the ass.

No comments: