Sunday, January 04, 2004

Sublist 2: The Songs

Pages from the American popular songbook—and a few imports: my personal checklist of jazz standards, each to be crossed off the list when I know it cold, changes and lyrics, and play it live from memory to my own satisfaction.

All Or Nothing At All
All The Things You Are
Aos Pes da Cruz
(with Portuguese lyrics)
As Time Goes By
A-Tisket, A-Tasket
Bewitched, Bothered & Bewildered
Blue In Green (Sky & Sea)
(Cassandra Wilson lyrics)
Blue Skies
Brazil
Caravan
Cheek To Cheek
Come Sunday
Corcovado (Quiet Nights of Quiet Stars)
Darn That Dream
Ev'ry Time We Say Goodbye
A Foggy Day In London Town
Get Thee Behind Me, Satan
The Girl From Ipanema
Heart And Soul
The House I Live In
I'll Be Seeing You
It's Only A Paper Moon
I've Got You Under My Skin
La Vie En Rose
(with French lyrics)
The Lady Is A Tramp
Meditaçao
(with Portuguese lyrics)
My Funny Valentine
My Ship
The Nearness Of You
Nice Work If You Can Get It
A Night In Tunisia
A Nightingale Sang In Berkeley Square
On Green Dolphin Street
Rockin' In Rhythm
(as arranged for guitar by Richard Thompson)
September Song
Seven Steps To Heaven
(Cassandra Wilson lyric)
So In Love
Speak Low
Stella By Starlight
Stompin' At The Savoy
Swinging On A Star
Thanks For The Memory
That Old Black Magic
These Foolish Things
They Can't Take That Away From Me
Tuxedo Junction
The Very Thought Of You
Wait 'til You See Her
Weird Nightmare
(as arranged for guitar by Bill Frisell)
When the Lights Go On Again (All Over the World)
Why Do I Love You?
Willow, Weep For Me

Some notes on my approach and relationship to this canon here.

No comments: